Durham Region’s new water billing system
Ontario — The Regional Municipality of Durham is very happy to announce the release of customer portal and its water charging system site: ” My Durham Water.
Why: Our water and sanitary sewer users have asked an even far more modern approach for their municipal sewer and water bills. My Durham Water will offer access to taxpayers’ water and sewer reports, charging information, eating data, meter-reading input signal, E payments billing and much more.
Note: With all the Device update, water and sewer clients might detect the following modifications on another statement they get sometime within the following 3 weeks:
A brand fresh account amount. No action is necessary on your character. You are able to continue to use your account number for the time being.
Your bill can arrive on another date. Consistently assess for your own payment deadline in your announcement.
The quantity in your initial bill can fluctuate. Your bill number might differ, because of changes from the date which invoices are issued (throughout the brand new water charging system).
Your service fee can likewise vary. Charges are currently covered by it centered on the amount of days between meter reads, and in the place of a interval that is predetermined.
Commercial clients will soon probably see a brand fresh turn with their step by step announcement.
New and advanced customer portal to be launched
In early 2020, we will launch the My Durham Water customer portal, which will allow you to access your account online. With the new portal you can:
- Check your payment information online.
- Submit meter readings online.
- Choose from several payment options, e-pay your bills.
- Receive invoices online via paperless electronic billing.
- Communicate with the region through multiple channels, e.g. B. Secure emails.
- Access the region’s website seamlessly for information on tariffs and other water bills.
New Account Number
- You wont need to upgrade banking advice if you utilize two-step payment (PAP) direct banking — that the newest system will connect old accounts amounts with new account numbers.
- But you need to make take advantage of of your account number as time goes on to gain get into to the brand newest My Durham Water Customer Portal which will be found in ancient 2020.
- That you won’t need to make utilize of the new account number when calling in the spot’s Water Billing Client Service line.
- Your bill might possibly have came on different date please examine your announcement to receive your own payment deadline. Because of fluctuations from the water charging system, you may possibly have gotten your bill after than normal, or a day or two earlier.
New bills may vary from the previous ones
- Currently the service fee is predicated on the quantity of days between meter reads.
- Determined by if your bill had been issued from the new platform, you can realize that the day you are utilized for your bill differs, and also the total quantity on your very first bill could be lower or higher than normal.
- Future invoices will probably be issued in a yearly basis. The total amount will be dependent upon the usage.
- Your service fee could have changed with the system upgrade.
- Your service fee was depending on a predetermined period.
Notice: Though the total amount in your first bill could be lower or higher than normal, the entire amount you pay may also out over this year.
Do any customer required to do anything because of this change?
Each of Durham Region clients receive new account numbers due to the platform upgrade. You are able to continue to use your old account number for the time being.
You don’t have to get in touch with your bank; your own previous Durham Region account-number mechanically connects to a new account amount.
Additionally you don’t need to make take advantage of of your account number if calling in the spot’s Water Billing Client Service line. You need to make take advantage of your account number as time goes on to get the My Durham Water Customer Portal which will be found in 2020.